In designing a small kitchen, usually you will get challenges, not only in the beauty or functional aspects, but also the efficiency aspect. Kitchen space and counter space are very limited in a small kitchen design. But you do not need to worry, because with good planning and creative design ideas, you will be able to transform your small kitchen into an efficient kitchen as the larger ones.
You can add a small island in your kitchen. Island in the kitchen serve as your work area, you can also make drawers or shelves for storing various utensils you need for cooking or processing food/fruits. Not only that, you also can add a cabinet or drawer around the center of the island to maximize your kitchen.
Check out the following ideas that you can apply in redesigning a small kitchen in your home:
- Clean or remove all unnecessary items from the shelf, cabinet or counter top of your kitchen.
- If the items have been removed, keep places like your kitchen cabinet and shelves to stay clean.
- Use small kitchen appliances.
- Use the wall to organize the storage of your goods. If you add a kitchen island, use the bottom of the table as a cabinet.
- Use cabinet from ceiling to near the counter top. The more extensive the cabinet, the more stuff you can fill in it.
- Make a drawer or a shelf inside the cabinet so that all size of tool can be accommodated. Utilize space as effectively as possible is the idea of a small kitchen.
- Use the back of the door for spice storage rack.
- For a table top surface, you can use a glossy paint so it can the shiny finish, the effect will be able to give the illusion of the kitchen feel more spacious.
Get design inspiration from these 20 attractive designing a small kitchen below.