Stainless steel is a material that is quite resistant to rust and corrosion. Also, the material is fairly easy to clean, certainly when compared with other materials. Not surprisingly, the stainless steel was chosen as the ideal material for home appliances, especially stainless kitchen appliances such as stoves, sinks, and equipment to cook/eat. This material is also preferred because the surface is shiny.
However, over time, stainless steel could lose gloss. Especially when stainless steel is rarely cleaned, it’s not enough to clean it with water. You need to use a special material that is not only able to clean, but also to protect and maintain the surface is so shiny and not easily fade. Of cleaning materials is quite easily found, ranging from baking soda, vinegar, until the special cleaning stainless steel, mineral-based oil. For that, find out how to apply each cleaning agent for stainless steel.
Tools and materials required: Baking soda, vinegar, stainless steel cleaner is made from mineral oil, water, stainless steel polish (optional), fabric, soft brush.
Cleaning stainless steel surfaces with a solution of baking soda
- Make a mixture of water with baking soda. For light stains, simply dissolve 3 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 quart of water.
- Prepare a soft cloth to clean stainless steel appliances. To clean stains – ordinary stains, use a fabric with a pretty soft fibers. The fabric not only serves to clean the stain lighter than steel, but also helps apply baking soda on the surface so shiny. For the stains are quite stubborn and strongly attached, you can use a brush. But remember, the brush is a brush that is used to smooth feathers. And when you rub the brush on the surface of stainless steel, take care not to leave scratches or streaks are looks imprint.
- Add baking soda concentration if necessary. When the concentration of baking soda in water solution is less and less effective in removing stains, you can add as much as one or two measuring spoons. But if it still does not work, you still can try to clean it with other materials.
Cleaning and make the surface of stainless steel shiny with a stainless steel cleaner
- Using special cleaning stainless steel made from mineral oil. In addition to baking soda, another way to clean stains and make the surface shiny stainless steel is to use a mineral-oil based cleaner. However, this is more a function of the liquid to remove stains invisible, especially fingerprints attached to the stainless steel which makes the surface is no longer shiny.
- Use this solution as a protection. In addition to cleaning, this solution also gives protection to the surface of the stainless steel that is not easy to stain stick. But in a certain period of time, this cleanser may be an effect, such as stainless steel surface becomes slightly darker.
- Apply to the surface of the stainless steel that is strong enough. If baking soda is more suitable to be applied on the surface of stainless steel is small and light, the cleaning fluid is actually more suitable for the kitchen and home appliances are quite large and strong, with a slightly rough surface, for example on the sink (sink) stove tops. Especially for stove tops, usually there is a special product that is used to clean it. This product not only cleans, but also provides protection while keeping the color does not fade despite its surface has been cleaned many times.
- Rub in the same direction. Maybe when you clean the stainless steel appliances, you become so excited until you rub a surface with direction uncertain. In fact, an irregular way to brush this will leave streaks. Instead, rub the cloth / brush cleaning fluid superbly given the same direction on the surface of stainless steel.
Hopefully this article about cleaning stainless kitchen appliance tips can help you to furnishing your kitchen at home.