Choose a closed or open kitchens is a question that many people ask when designing a new kitchen. One person keeps everything like separated, while the other has an open feel throughout the home. It can sometimes happen that opinions about the new kitchen clash. Interior designer put the main advantages and disadvantages of open, semi-open and closed kitchens in a row.
Advantages of an open kitchen:
- Promotes social contact between family and visitors.
- You can watch TV with it from the kitchen.
- Gives the house a spacious, open feeling.
- Small children may be easily held in the eye.
Disadvantages of an open kitchen:
- Unpleasant odors in the living room.
- Noise of pots and pans.
- Both spaces have become increasingly heated.
- A messy look can work on the mood.
Benefits of a closed kitchen:
- No problems with noise and odors in the living room or dining room.Kitchen does not need to be heated at not commissioning.
- Less distraction while cooking.
- Dirty pots and pans can remain longer.
- Visitors do not see what happens in the kitchen.
Disadvantages of a closed kitchen:
- Faster feel claustrophobic.
- Fewer social contacts with family and visit.
Semi Open Kitchen
A semi open kitchen you can obtain by hiding partially behind the kitchen wall or counter. A kitchen island can define the visual kitchen from the dining room or living room.
Benefits of a semi open kitchen:
- Partial privacy when cooking.
- Dirty pots and pans are removed from the eye.
- Gives the property a broader sense than in a closed kitchen.
- You can easily change the commitment to visit.
Disadvantages of a semi open kitchen:
- Unpleasant odors in the living room possible.
- Noise of pots and pans.
- Both chambers must always be heated.
- Property seems slightly narrower than in an open kitchen.
Open kitchen in an apartment
An open kitchen is also very nice apartment decor. It will appear larger spaces and create a loft feeling. Is your kitchen often messy with, you should opt for a semi-open kitchen.
Elegant apartment with open kitchen and living room
In the apparatus of this apartment cost was spared to create a pleasant environment. The open kitchen includes plenty of gadgets, the living room is sleek furnishings and the bedrooms were a luxury.
You are also given contact with the open kitchen and dining area from the living room. The false ceiling with indirect lighting creates an exclusive impression and delineates the kitchen visually off. Kitchen cabinets texture was extended over the entire wall of the apartment. A successful idea that living room and kitchen stylishly late overlap. The cooking island is warm parquet into basalt tiles so that the residents can cook carefree.
Small apartment with open kitchen and bedroom
A small apartment of 35m2 can be decorated high surprisingly stylish, this Scandinavian styled living proof in Stockholm though. Most of the striking element in this small apartment is the sleeping area separated by a glass wall from the rest of the living space. Through this transparent separation space remains open and spacious character and it is also in the master bedroom enjoy natural daylight.
With a smart approach, you can also create a small apartment a lot of space feeling. This compact apartment of 35 square meters bedroom was separated by a glass wall so the space can be up to experience. The warm Scandinavian design makes the picture complete.